We’re Wrapping Up Our Book Prizes–One More Week to Win!
Everyone on our team, from my co-author Vanessa Gibbs, who also manages our Travel Magazine Database, to pulling in others to help with our book covers, layout, editing, proofreading and research, has been all hands on deck to get these puppies ready to see the sun in the last several weeks.
And so many of you have been integral to helping us in that work as well, and, first off, I want to thank you so much for weighing in and letting us know what direction you want these books to go in and how to make them most helpful to you and other writers like now.
Now, it’s the last week of our giveaways to thank you for helping us choose the content for our new books. We’ve got two more sections of 101 Things You Need to Know to Make it as a Travel Writer (that’s the final title! check out more on the here) to finalize:
- Travel content marketing writing
- Working with editors.
Then, it will soon time to our little birdies to leave the nest and fly out into the world. (If you want to be part of that, learn how to be a launch partner.)
We’ll be previewing exclusive advance copies of the books this week at the Women in Travel Summit, but, we’ve got one last thing for you to weigh in on to make sure we’ve got exactly what you’d like to see in our books.
Here’s how to get in on the action:
The titles for the two books we’re working on this spring are 101 Magazines That Need Travel Articles–And Everything You Need to Know to Pitch Them (our shorthand for this is 101 Magazines, or 101M) and 101 Things You Need to Know to Make it as a Travel Writer (and we abbreviate this to 101 Questions, or 101Q).
(You can read more about our way-too-ambitious book projects for this year over here if you’re curious!)
We would deeply love to get your thoughts on what to cover in these books, so I want to make it easy for you to take a little time to chime in.
This week, for weighing in on which questions to include in our 101 Questions book, we’re continuing our “cumulative” bonus model.
Here’s how it works:
- Each week we’ll draw five people at random who have completed the survey.
- For your first prize, you’ll get a free copy of the book and coupon for four webinars ($94 value) of your choosing in our webinar library.
- For your second prize, you’ll receive a half-hour coaching call with me ($?—you can’t even buy this on its own like this!).
- For your third prize, you’ll receive a free month of access to our Dream Buffet ($99 value), which includes access to our searchable travel writing Q&A library, the Travel Magazine Database, our entire past webinar library, live access to our new webinars, exclusive subscriber webinars, and access to my library of productivity and small business courses and travel industry research.
- For each prize you win after that, you’ll get another free month in the Dream Buffet!
How does that sound? Ready? This week, we’ve got questions on working with magazine editors and travel content marketing writing.
Please make sure to complete your survey by midnight PST on Sunday, May 5th to enter to win.
Join our FREE daily webinars!
Every weekday, we offer free, one-hour video courses that help you grow your travel writing income. Every we'll send you reminders of what we're covering each week, from perfecting your pitches to writing feature articles to getting more assignments from each trip.
Don't miss out. They're free!