12 Days of Holiday Specials Day 10: Ten-Part Physical and Digital Jump-Start Kit to Get Your Travel Writing Business Off the Ground in 2019
Today’s holiday trivia: January 4 marks a major festival in the Ryukyuan religion, a formal of Shintoism practiced in the islands between Japan and Taiwan, particularly Okinawa. The hinukan, a hearth god that guards the sacred family fire, returns to the family after returning to its own home for several weeks and is welcomed with offerings of rice and local alcohol.
All told, we’ve got ten things for you (well, some have multiple parts, so it’s actually even more :)) today, including some that you’ll receive right away digitally, and some we will ship to you–including something special that we will hand-pick based on your writing interests.
Our bonuses center around The Six-Figure Travel Writing Road Map, which is literally a step-by-step road map, complete with 15 hands-on exercises along the way, for how to boost your travel writing income.
- how to set up your travel writing website and online presence in one hour
- how to break your trips into travel article pitches
- how to analyze a travel magazine to find what the editor is looking for
- how to write travel article pitches in just 15-minutes
- how to find and reach out to your own on-going travel writing clients
The last fifty pages of The Six-Figure Travel Writing Road Map also include ten appendices detailing more than 1,500 magazines that need travel articles, real press trip itineraries, sample travel content proposals you can send to companies, and lists of the top travel conferences, writing resources, and twitter chats.
We also offer plans for how to work through the book based on where you are in your travel writing journey, whether you:
- are thinking about going into travel writing part- or full-time
- have some travel writing clips that you’ve done for your own blog, for free, or at low rates, and want to figure out how to make this a career
- have been travel writing part- or full-time for a year or more but haven’t been able to get your income where you’d like it to be
- have dozens or hundreds of clips already and just want to take your game to the next level–especially if you’re looking to break into the regular, recurring-income-oriented world of content marketing
Want to know more? Read a chapter-by-chapter breakdown here.
But for today’s offer, we are packing on the bonuses, so you new-year physical and digital jump-start package will include:
- A print copy of The Six-Figure Travel Writing Road Map (and a digital copy for reference when you’re on the road )
- A new hard-to-find, independent travel magazine in line with your travel writing interests that we’ll pick up just for you at a specialty shop next week (these are a great place to publish long-form stories–even if you’re just starting out!)
- Our proprietary pitching workbook for brainstorming, organizing, repurposing, and refining ideas (also in print form for easy fill-in plus digital copies so you have them whenever you need them)
- Our signature “Your dreams don’t make themselves” tote bag to carry all your gear when you’re on the road–it’s the perfect size for a laptop, notebook, water bottle, wallet, and your photography gear
- A digital copy of our 180-page Ultimate Guide to Pitching (and Landing) Travel Magazine Articles
- A digital copy of 47 Quick Ways to Jumpstart Your Travel Writing Business, Get More Clients, and Soar Ahead of the Competition in Seven Minutes a Day
- A digital copy of Everything You Need to Know to Start Traveling for Free (With Points and Miles)
- Our five-part annual review video series for doing a deep-dive on exactly what matters to you and how to achieve it in the year ahead
- Our video course on “How to Become Part of an Editor’s Stable”
- The replay of our three-and-a-half-hour live masterclass Master Magazine Pitching Workshop
Grab all of this today by midnight EST for just $79, so you can hit the ground running in the new year.
All told, you’ll receive your goodies in two packages, one by email and one by snail mail. After your purchase, you’ll receive an email with:
- 5 PDFs:
- The Six-Figure Travel Writing Road Map
- Our proprietary pitching workbook
- Our 180-page Ultimate Guide to Pitching (and Landing) Travel Magazine Articles
- 47 Quick Ways to Jumpstart Your Travel Writing Business, Get More Clients, and Soar Ahead of the Competition in Seven Minutes a Day
- Everything You Need to Know to Start Traveling for Free (With Points and Miles)
- 7 videos:
- Our three-and-a-half-hour live Master Magazine Pitching Workshop
- Our webinar on “How to Become Part of an Editor’s Stable”
- Our five-part annual review video series, including:
- What is Standing Between You and Your Travel Writing Goals
- How to Clearly Catalog the Work and Opportunities You Have Now to See Where You Need to Go
- Taking Stock of the Past Year and SWOTing Yourself Into Shape
- Getting Crystal Clear on What You’ll Accomplish in the Next Year
- Mapping Out Your Step-by-Step Plan for Success
Then, you’ll receive a package to your preferred mailing address with:
- A print copy of The Six-Figure Travel Writing Road Map
- The independent travel magazine we’ve selected for you personally
- Our proprietary pitching workbook for brainstorming, organizing, repurposing, and refining ideas
- Our signature “Your dreams don’t make themselves” tote bag
It’s a lot! We know 🙂
We want to make sure you have everything you need to start the year on your best foot. That’s why we’re giving you more than 75% off what it would cost to pick up all of these resources separately.
Delivery: As soon as your order goes through, you’ll automatically receive all of your digital resources by email.
Please respond to that email with:
- confirmation of your preferred shipping address for your package
- some brief information about your travel and writing interests so that we can pick out the best independent travel magazine for you; I’ll be in London with some of the best magazine shops on January 13th, so please make sure to get us this information by then
Since we’re out of the country right now, we’ll begin putting your package together when we’re back the week of January 14, and will send you the tracking number when your goodies are in the mail.
Please note: This offer is only available for U.S. addresses. There is an option to an additional fee for international shipping on the purchase page.
Important general notes on our 12 Days of Holiday Specials:
- These offers are exclusively available during the time specified, with any exceptions or limited quantities noted in the individual offer affected.
- These offers cannot be exchanged, combined, or used in place or partial combination with a previously purchased offer of any time. All sales are final.
- Each offer includes complete instructions for the delivery of your purchase and answers to any logistical questions about taking advantage of the offer.
- Since many of these offers take place on weekend or holiday days, the person who handles our customer service emails will not always be available or not able to sign in twice a day to catch your queries, which is why we make the offers very detailed. These are deep discounts on things that cost us money to produce, so if you would like to take advantage of an offer, you are responsible for doing so during the time frame allotted.
Want to get the day's deal directly in your inbox?
We'll make sure you don't miss anything before it runs out.