Each week, we offer a completely free, one-hour class on growing your business as a travel writer.
All you need to do is make sure to register for the call before it takes place each week, and you’ll be able to join and ask your travel writing questions live, or get access to the replay of the class for one week after it takes place.
What viewers are saying:
“I had broken into freelance writing about 4 years before I was introduced to Gabi. I wrote a small magazine column and contributed a web piece here and there, but despite traveling to 20 countries and living abroad for 3 years, I struggled with organizing my ideas and pitching publications to keep a steady supply of new work.
Simply put, I’ve learned more in the few months that I’ve been a member of the Dream of Travel Writing Database and listening in on Gabi’s seminars than I have in 4 years of working in the industry.
Gabi is a wealth of knowledge and I feel fortunate to have been influenced by her expertise. Ideas come to me more easily now and I’m gradually tackling my biggest challenge – keeping my pitch prep time to a minimum.
All of this has been accomplished by applying the tips that Gabi shares. I consider discovering her one of the best things to happen to my writing this year.”
“Your sessions on interviewing clients was SO helpful! I just wanted to thank you again for these very helpful webinars. I always get key information that I need! For example, what to include (and not to include) in a pitch. I’ve been making some of those mistakes! And today’s webinar on interviews, and the attitude to have going in (I’m doing them a favor by writing about them!)
These nuggets are so great, and I just want you to know I appreciate your sharing them with all of us.
I felt so much more confident going into the interview, and I had guidelines, thanks to you, about what to be asking and looking for. For example,
1) I didn’t ask questions that I could get answered elsewhere;
2) I didn’t ask yes/no questions – I had prepared just a few open-ended questions that really opened up the conversation
3) Finally, I was looking for that one good quote, as you strongly suggested, and I got it.
I can’t thank you enough for helping me gain these skills as a travel writer!“
“Gabi’s workshops, if nothing else, are a confidence booster than you can do this, but they’re so much more. Unlike other workshops that promise the world and rarely deliver, Gabi provides real world advice to travel writers that are both close to success, and entirely new the industry.”
– Gina Zammit, freelance writer
Join our FREE weekly webinars!
Every Thursday, we offer free, one-hour video courses that help you grow your travel writing income. Get replays of our three most popular webinars instantly by email now and reminders every Wednesday of what we're covering each week, from perfecting your pitches to writing feature articles to getting more assignments from each trip.
Don't miss out. They're free!
In past webinars, we’ve covered:
- The Secrets of Six-Figure Travel Writers
- How to Craft the Perfect Travel Article Pitch
- How to Triple Your Income Writing for Travel Magazines
- How to Break Your Trips into the Maximum Number of Article Ideas
- How to Become Part of an Editor’s Stable
- Answers to Your Most Common Pitch Questions
- Setting Up Sponsored Travel 101
- How to Set Up an Individual Press Trip from Scratch
- Getting a Spot on a Group Fam or Press Trip
- Putting Together a Pitch Portfolio for a Big Trip
- Secrets to Successful Interviews for Your Travel Articles
- Securing Interview Sources to Make Your Stories Sing
- Transforming Interviews into an Article (Live Demo)
- How to Handle Questions and Response in Interviews (Live Demo)
- How to Increase Your Pitch Success Rate by Analyzing Magazines
- How to Hone Your Travel Article Ideas to Perfectly Fit Each Magazine
- How to Earn Big with Travel Content Marketing Gigs
- How to Locate the People Who Need Your Travel Content Marketing
- How to Craft a Travel Content Marketing Pitch that Gets Attention
- How to Close the Deal: Proposals and Phone Calls that Get Results
- Pricing, Negotiating, and Contracts (for Travel Content Marketing and Magazine Writing)
- Writing for Travel Trade Magazines 101
- How to Write a Letter of Introduction–The Pitch Equivalent for Travel Trade Magazines
- How to Generate Sure-Fire Salable Article Ideas
- The Travel Magazine Landscape: Where All the Assignments Are Hiding
- How to Build Serious Business Partnerships at Travel Conferences
- Don’t Create Ideas Out of Nowhere: How to Always Find Them When You Need Them
- How to Get Work Done on the Road
- How to Research on the Road and Find Salable Ideas While Traveling
Want to get your hands on one of our past webinars?
Check out our webinar library, where you can get each webinar as:
- steamable and downloadable video
- streamable and downloadable MP3 audio
- full slide deck as image gallery or PDF download
- full transcript viewable on-screen with infinite scroll or plain text
- downloadable PDF transcript