I hear from so many of you again and again that you:
- don’t have regular editors you work with again and again
- write for markets that don’t pay the rates you need
- work with editors that sit on your articles for months (or I even heard of one that was shelved for two years recently!)
Too many of you are stuck without enough work, period, or without the work that you would really like to be doing for your freelance travel writing career to feel more like a dream than a drag.
And it kills me.
Because there is absolutely a better way.
There is so, so much more work out there. And we have a lot of resources to help you get it. We’ve got:
- In-depth webinars with step-by-step guides on everything from mining your trips for ideas to assembling rock-star pitch letters (my students regularly have clients and editors respond to their pitches starting with a compliment on how well-written their pitch was!)
- A database of more than 500 magazines that details the exact sections magazines have open to freelancers and what they need in pitches for each individual section
- Weekend and week-long retreats to create a highly accountable setting when you can’t help but move forward because you have resources, support, and a clearly defined time to work singularly on reaching your goals
The thing is, apart from those of you who make your way across the country or the world to attend one of our retreats in the Catskills, it’s so easy to have these resources at your disposal and still not get pitches out.
Still not break into new markets.
Still work with editors who drive your hourly rate into the ground with unclear instructions and interactions.
Still publish stories on your blog that are your favorite stories ever because you don’t know which outlet would bit on them.
So, we’ve created a new workshop event that is focused on deep, interactive learning to help you pattern, on-site, the behaviours that will turn you into a permanent pitching machine.
What You’ll Learn
1:30 – 2:30: Brand new, first-time-shared-in-public analysis of where the magazine industry is now, where the opportunities for freelancers are, and how to stay ahead of the assignment curve to be a go-to writer for editors. Exercises to explore exactly where and how you fit into today’s marketplace.
2:30 – 2:45: Coffee, snack, questions and bathroom break.
2:45 – 3:30: The real problems with the pitching process: time sucks, overwriting, falling down the research rabbit hole. We walk together through the steps of the process to slim, trim, and optimize so you know how to pull exactly what you need for each pitch in minutes rather than days.
3:30 – 4:15: Putting it all together–how these components create pitches in minutes. Literally. (You’ll practice doing five-minute pitches until you’ve got the process down!)
4:15 – 4:30: Coffee, snack, questions and bathroom break.
4:30 – 5:00: Bringing it home, literally. How do you maintain this momentum? Stratagies and active planning to ensure you continue your new pitching habits at home.
What You’ll Receive
In additon to this epic 3.5-hour workshop, you’ll enjoy:
- gourmet snacks and coffee
- a stunning, highly photographic rooftop location
- a copy of The Six-Figure Travel Writing Road Map
- one month of full access to the Travel Magazine Database
- early access to our anniversary party drinks and hors d’oeuvres
After the workshop, join us for a very special event…
Even if you aren’t able to join us for the new workshop, we hope to see you at our free anniversary party (also in the rooftop penthouse!).
Join us for FREE the evening of Saturday, November 11 for a party and networking hour to celebrate the one-year anniversary of Dream of Travel Writing, Rosewood Writing Retreats, and the Travel Magazine Database from 6pm to 9pm!
(Yes, this is a hard end time because the space is rented, so try to make it on time!)
We’ll have treats from our farm along with customer cocktails with ingredients from the farm as well.
The address for the locatio in Manhattan’s Upper East Side will be sent to registrants.
Our Money-Back Guarantee
Our Travel Magazine Database has a pretty crazy guarantee.
If you use it, and pitch regularly for three months and don’t hear back from any editors, we’ll not only give you your money back, you’ll also get a private coaching call and three query critiques to get your pitching up to snuff so you start getting responses.
We’re going to extend that guarantee to the full price of the workshop.
If you attend the workshop, go home and send pitches regularly, and haven’t gotten any responses in three months, we’ll refund your entire fee and give you the private coaching call and three query critiques.
If you’ve been trying to get your travel writing to comfortable support you, why haven’t you reached your goal yet?
If you’ve read this far, you probably need some additional help or information to reach that goal.
There’s only a handful of spots in this workshop. Don’t let someone else grab yours.